- Vastu Shastra and its implementation in Homes
- October 31, 2018
| Oct, 2018
- Ours is a country of many innovative theories and inventions, Vastu Shastra is the traditional Indian system of architecture and design inspired and conceived from Vedic learnings, which literally translates to “science of architecture”, it has been considered a integral part of Indian Architecture and for applied by ancient ‘sthapatis’ in ancient eras for a healthier and happier life.
Either it is a new dwelling that we are buying or it is the home that we have always known there we try to think of all the amenities or utilities but we don’t always think of the energies, negative and positive, and how it affects our lives and the well-being. So here are some tips to augment your new homes and its wellbeing:
• Nature : Nature is an important part of our life-cycle from the first breathe we take to the last drop of water we are bound to nature in an inevitable bond, so using variety of nature related elements like bamboo, wood or wicker , stones, rocks, etc. are beneficial for the home.
• The symbol of prosperity: Buddha A Buddha Statue symbolises peace and harmony, placing these in the drawing room, kitchen or garden attracts positive energy. If there is a blank wall facing the main entrance of your house a Ganesh figurine should be placed there.
• Paintings : Paintings can play a major part in bringing good luck. Paintings of waterfall, a goldfish or a flowing river tend to bring in wealth for the home.
• The Money Plant:
It is well known as a indoor plant, but what is not known that it also augments prosperity and good luck for the home. Keeping it in a green vase in the north direction can attract money and better career opportunities.
• Aquariums : Keep an aquarium at home; vastu says it not only brings financial stability but also boosts the calmness of the atmosphere. Fish tank situated at the south-east direction of the living room can become a major reason for continued harmony and success.
Hang the clock on a wall in the East, West or North direction. Clocks are devices that, according to Vastu, energise a direction. Make sure that all clocks in your house are in working condition. It is said that slow or non-functional clocks symbolise delays or a stagnation in your finances.
• Mirrors :
Mirrors can reflect back negative energy by the law of reflection, hence is a powerful tool to neutralize Vastu defects in the house. It is ideal to purchase a square or rectangualr shaped mirror, and keep it in the North-East direction. Place it 4-5 feet above the ground.
• Home Appliances:
Heating appliances must be placed in the southeast of the room. Fridge should be placed in the northwest portion of the room. Television sets should never be placed in the southeast of the rooms. TVs and computers should ideally be placed in the Southeast corner of the living room or study room.
• Windchimes :
Windchimes are known to bring money into your home. Hanging windchimes at the entrance of your home welcomes wealth while hanging them at the bathroom entrance prevents wealth from draining out. Avoid hanging windchimes over your head or where you sleep.
• Purple Plant:
As per Vastu, the colour purple symbolises wealth. Keeping purple plants like Orchids or purple-coloured pots indoor bring a lot of positivity. Recite this mantra 12,500 times - starting from Tuesday - minimum 108 times daily till 12,500 are over "Om Namo Bhagvati Vaastu Devtay Namah" - Do Dasamsa Home in the end.
According to Vaastu there are 5 elements which is a contributing factor to our well-being. Vaastu Shastra is the only science which instructs how to maintain best equilibrium of these five elements in a building and make best use of them to energize mental and physical energies of inhabitants to the maximum extent. So it is not only prescribed but vehemently encouraged by consultants and some are known to have a positive effect.
Back to Top